To celebrate our 3rd day of the 25 Days of Waste, I am thinking about bags. Bags, bags, bags.
The whole reason why this blog post came about is because I Google searched for an open-licensed image comparing calico bags and plastic bags in some way. There weren't any.
But then I got hooked reading up about all these cool, sustainable options for Christmas shopping. Finding out about new ways to reduce my impact on the earth really does make me feel all warm inside. A bit like Christmas.
Anyway. So I thought I'd do a post-collage of the fruits of my research. Here it is.
5 WAYS TO AVOID NEEDING A PLASTIC BAG THIS CHRISTMAS
1. Make yourself a calico-style bag out of your old T-shirt. This no-nonsense clip will show you how.
2. Put a little bag inside your usual hand-bag, or your car, or your pocket. Make a commitment to yourself not to leave the house without this.
3. Decide to yourself that you will not take a plastic bag to carry home your shopping for the rest of the year.
4. Do a Kris Kringle and buy fewer gifts so as to reduce your need for a bag.
5. Ask yourself: "What would work? What would be effective in helping me refuse plastic bags at the shops?" When you have an answer, do that.
And that, my friends, brings home our 3/25 Days of Waste for this festive season.